“Being able to highlight is wonderful, but being able to perform a Google search at the touch of a button is awesome.”
– Heidi Vix, Systems & Electronic Resources Librarian, Henderson State University
Based in the heart of the Silicon Valley, ebrary is committed to developing innovative technology that makes the research process quick and efficient. Additionally, we continue to integrate our platform with other services to help librarians increase discoverability of important information and improve efficiencies.
Key features and benefits
- Available any time - Online (including any web-enabled browser) and offline on multiple devices:
- iPod touch
- Kindle Fire
- Sony Reader
- Other Android devices
- Contextual linking across multiple online resources with InfoTools™.
- Unique ability to upload and integrate a library’s own digital content with DASH!™ (Data Sharing, Fast) .
- Personal bookshelves that automatically store links to highlights, notes, and more, providing an archive of research. Folders can be emailed to peers.
- Notes and highlights
- Multiple options for searching and navigating.
- Automatic citations when text is printed or copied and pasted into Word or any text applications. Citations include an automatic URL hyperlink back to the source.
- Ability to transform text into a hyperlink to a URL of the end-user’s choice.
- Text-to-speech and other keyboard shortcuts to assist end-users with special accessibility needs.
- Available in multiple language including English, Arabic, Chinese (simplified), French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish, with additional languages in the works.
- Compatibility with a range of discoverability and technology services including full-text indexing in the Summon® service and discovery on the ProQuest platform.
- Free on-demand MARC records.
- COUNTER-compliant usage statics that show how content is used while protecting end-user privacy.
- Order directly through ebrary or through leading book vendors including YBP.