“ebrary’s flexible payment and access options enable us to provide InfoSci-Books under models that fit the needs and budget requirements of libraries, corporations and other organizations around the world. We are also excited that customers can benefit from ebrary’s powerful research tools, which allow end-users to easily and efficiently find, use, and manage the information in
– Jan Travers, Vice President of IGI Global
By partnering with ebrary, publishers can easily and effectively take advantage of the growing ebook market using the same PDF files and metadata that are created in the process of publishing books in print. Additionally, publishers can leverage ProQuest’s direct sales force as well as our partnerships with book vendors such as YBP and select resellers.
With the ebrary platform, publishers can offer a superior way for end-users to experience their ebooks with tools that make research quick and efficient.
We offer a number of flexible business models including:
- Purchase (perpetual archive), which allows the library to purchase ebooks as they would print books, at the list price set by the publisher (for single-user access) and at a premium for multi-user access. Libraries may buy ebooks direct from ebrary/ProQuest or from YBP and other book vendors, who now offer ebooks through their approval plans to meet the selection and acquisition workflow requirements of libraries.
- Patron Driven Acquisition, an increasingly popular model that allows libraries to automatically purchase titles whose value has been proved by actual usage.
- Short-Term Loans, which allow the library to further validate titles prior to automatic purchase and to meet a local need for titles that fall outside their collection strategy.
- Subscription, which provides an ideal way to monetize ebooks at later stages of their cycle to provide great value to libraries as part of an aggregated product and incremental revenues to publishers.
- Publishers may also license the ebrary platform under a Software as a Service (SaaS) model to distribute their own content, under their own brand.
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.